If you’re feeling stressed know that you’re not alone…
However, getting stressed over being stressed just makes it worse. Since April is National Stress Awareness month, lets’ talk about how to de-stress.
Our lives have always had a lot of stress in them, but the pandemic has made it much worse. And since women tend to juggle more—they may feel it more. The World Health Organization has called stress the epidemic of the 21st Century.
When you feel stress it triggers cortisol. Cortisol in turn puts stress on your body. You’ll feel the tight muscles, headaches, fatigue, anxiety, irritability, anger, and poor sleep. All of these in turn trigger more stress. It’s a vicious circle.
It’s also something that every one of your clients is experiencing.
Here are some tips you can use to reduce your own stress and share with your clients.
- MOVE! Get some exercise or do some stretches. Movement helps flush stress from your system. Take a moment between clients to stretch and work out the kinks so you don’t pass stress from one client to the next.
- Eat well. There are really two kinds of eaters. Those who live to eat and those who eat to live. When we choose fresh and healthy, that’s what we get.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep trackers can really help to understand how much quality sleep you’re getting. Electronics deplete your melatonin. Avoid them for 2 hours before bed.
- End your day on a positive note. Relax with an herbal tea, a book, puzzle or play a board game with the kids.
- Clear your mind with a little yoga or doing some meditation. Ponder your gratitudes.
- Consider taking a supplement or use soothing teas to help manage stress. Ashwagandha, B-complex vitamins, Kava, Rhodiola, Melatonin, and Glycine are some ingredients to include.
And here’s 1 more…
- Self-care is important.